Title: Food Security Assistant
Location: Al-Mocha , Taiz governorates
- Develop food distribution plans and timetables in coordination with district coordinators under close supervision from food security officer.
- Prepare accurate lists of targeted areas/villages/neighborhoods for food distribution with detailed justifications in close collaboration with the district coordinators, under close supervision from food security officer.
- Assist food security officer in directly supervise field processes to ensure effective and smooth food distribution in the FDPs in the targeted districts.
- Develop a comfortable, smooth and organized mechanism for food distribution to beneficiary households in collaboration with deputy project manager and food security officer.
- Assist in follow up on sound and comfortable environment in the food distribution points
- Responsible for identification the registered beneficiary households lists in collaboration with the data entry assistant.
- Assist in Issue stock requests according to daily distribution plans.
- Assist in plan and follow up the activities of the food distribution.
- Assist in breakdown the budget of daily labour wages (organizers, clerks and porters… etc.).
- Assist in paying the wages of daily labor and ensure proper invoicing in close collaboration with the food security officer.
- Directly supervise the work of District Coordinators, distribution clerks, organizers,
- Schedule regular visits to beneficiaries of food security and FDPs. .
- Train staff on relevant subject.
- Provide briefings and debriefings for field staff.
- Provide monthly staff assessment for supervised staff.
- Provide daily/monthly food distribution report during distribution period and submit to food security officer.
- Any other assignments as directed by the line manager.
- A University Degree in social sciences or Agriculture, or similar degree
- Effective use of computers (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Previous experience as a field assistant dealing with communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Previous NGO experience preferre
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( email@example.com ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of email.