Position: Logistic Assistant (Food security project)
Responsibilities and tasks:
Co-ordinate the supply of food and logistics support in the food distribution points (FDP) in Lahj
– Prepare a monthly report on all logistics activities to the project manager
– Selecting and follow up on and advising on warehouses conditions in coordinating with the food Security Officer and FDP Monitors
– Implementing procurement duties
– Manage all contract agreements and leases of warehouses
– Follow logistic procedures to ensure compliance with donor regulations
– Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through Invoices and Delivery Reports
– Ensure appropriate storage of records of procurement documentation including quotations, requisitions, purchase orders, goods received notes and receipts
– Pay the rent of the food warehouses
– Ensure the proper management of warehouse and participate in physical regular check of available food stuffs in the warehouses by inventory
– In coordination with the WFP, ensure proper and timely transportation of food to the warehouses
– Manage the warehouses cleanliness and organizing.
– Ensure security of food received in the warehouses.
– Accurately maintain the logistic filing systems ensuring rigorous adherence to logistic processes.
– Prepare contracts; negotiate and analyze contract content
– Provide briefings and debriefings for field staff.
-Any other assignments as directed by the line manager.
– Bachelor degree in a related field.
– A minimum of two years’ experiences in a similar position.
– A previous experience working with humanitarian organizations is preferred.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
-Fluency in English Language
-Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( email@example.com ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of email.