Job Vacancies – Food Security Project
The Field Medical Foundation (FMF) is announcing the following job vacancy in the Food Security Project :
– Media and public relation coordinator
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send application by January 17th 2016 by following the steps below:
Interested applicants should send application by January 21th 2016 – 12:00PM by following the steps below:
- Fill in the application form on the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/2JJeQamDu7
- Send CV (English) to (( email@example.com )) with the subject heading: the title of job vacancy.
– Kindly read carefully the job description and skills required below
– Please don’t forget to write the job title on the subject
Media and public relation coordinator
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Coordinate all the activities that are connected with the media and communication, including montage, editing and writing.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of all events and activities that are sponsored by the Food Security project and the Field Medical Foundation FMF.
- Participate in the effective coordination with the civil society organizations, in order to promote the activities and goals of the project and FMF.
- Mange the project and FMF social networks and websites.
- Enhance and promote the social network and websites of the project and FMF, and make them user friendly.
- Coordinate the preparation of all media and commercial materials.
- Prepare, follow and evaluate the implementation of media plans and the documentaries of the Food Security project and FMF other projects.
- Conduct frequent field visits to the implemented projects, in order to develop the needed data for media purposes.
- Follow all the administrative and logistic tasks that are related to documenting food security project and FMF services; such as photography, videotaping and communication and advertising.
- Prepare a regular media summary about the implemented activities by the project and FMF, and distribute it to the local, regional and international concerned parties.
- Prepare, distribute and supervise the activities brochures and other media´s brochures.
- Participate in the activities of civil society and promote and support the participation of the project and FMF in all the activities conducted nationally or internationally.
- Participate in preparing the monthly action plan and the budget that are relating to media and public relation activities.
- Coordinate the relationship between the project and FMF with the communication and public relation agencies.
- Coordinate with external parties (printing shops, designer, partners, and agencies) to implement the project and FMF media and communication plans.
- Establish and maintain an archive with all media and public relation documents and photos.
- Work with the team spirit and endure all the assigned responsibilities.
- Travel when needed.
- Support in other tasks if required.
Skills and expertise required:
– BA degree in Media, or public relation.
– 3 years previous experience in the field of media and public relation.
– Training courses in media, journalism and montage.
– Excellent skill in writing and verbal communication both in Arabic and in English.
– Experience in photography and videotaping.
– Ability to form general thoughts into written forms professionally.
– Skills in writing article, stories for traditional and electronic media.
– Having connections with journalists in different media outlets.
– Familiar with all computer programs and applications used for media purposes.
– Very good in English language.
– Committed, highly organized and respect time.
– Ability to use Email and familiar with electronic correspondence.
– Able to work under pressure.
– Familiar with field work, preferably in Lahj districts.
– Willingness to make frequent field visits to project Field Distribution Points (FDPs) and to the villages in the targeted districts.
– Willingness to work during weekends and official holidays if required.